Thursday, December 18, 2008

My New Office......



Well here is a picture of my new office.

Let me give you some history.....

For the past 10 years my work day has included a very long drive to my office at Sam Houston High School in the Northside. I have served that community in several capacities, recently as an assistant administrator. My role was to develop and implement the Leadership and Character component for all 9th grade students. I enjoy, no I LOVE my job wholeheartedly. I could not see myself serving anywhere else.....yeah that totally changed recently! I was very honored to have received a 150,000 grant this past month. Our teams mission and funding purposes are to continue to develop Leadership Programs within our public school systems.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM....Although I am very excited about the prospects of this grant that is fundable for up to three years (450,000 dollars in total!!), I would have to leave Sam Houston!! Grant was awarded in September and just three weeks ago I decided to accept grant monies. My new primary office will now be at Fondren Middle School in southwest Houston. Work will continue at Sam Houston, Fonville Middle, Berry Elem. and now Fondren.

I spent almost two months praying and seeking direction as to the timing of my departure from a career long tenure at Sam. Finally with advise and ultimate blessing from my friend and mentor, Max Torres I made the move. I needed that "go ahead" from Max before I entered into this new venture. My first day was Monday November 17, 2008. Tragically my mentor passed way the next day. His untimely death has inspired me to do even more that what we are doing now for students. I am sure this is where I need to be at this time in my life. I'm adjusting at a good pace here in my new office.

No comments: