Thursday, January 22, 2009

MLK weekend....

I had a great time this past weekend...got to love those 3-day weekends. Actually this entire month has just been fabulous! I had the kids and a lot of activities planned for the extended weekend. I have really missed my parents who have been on a 3 week hiatus to Mexico, the "mutha land"! I got to help my dad load his truck and trailer for the 19 hour trip. My parents usually load up to the max in order to deliver items for all my peeps in Mexico. And we got peeps...we reproduce like rabbits! What do you expect with a Palomo family whose families average like 10 kids each (All with a Luis in them)!
This weekend included the much anticipated return of mom and dad. They brought goodies to, cheese, chiles, cinnamon, like a years supply of garlic, did i say cheese? mmmmmm....
Ok, let me get back on track. We left Friday immediately after the kids were released from school. It took us a while to get to my parents house on the account of one of my kiddos having to go pee at every time he saw a service station. Saturday we joined my nephew, Josh at my sisters house to celebrate his 29th birthday!! Yes my sister had a 2 year old toddler when my mom had me! That was fun all my family gathered to share in the festivities.










On Sunday we then ALL gathered at my little brothers new house in Cedar Hill for a house warming party. This is he and my niece Sha-Nay-nay, (Aleyah). It is always good to have family around. This weekend was very significant to me. I can share these pics with you to allow a glimpse into my family life. However, the ability for me to reflect on my life is truly the reason for this personal post. As I spend time with my family I start to realize that there is a void in my life. I have been apart from them for too long. Many of you know I have had a really hard few months (years) recently and if you did not know, please continue to pray for me. This time of refection during MLK weekend 2009 has truly allowed me to realize what a gift we have from God as it pertains to our families. My immediate family has gone through so much and has endured intact! My church family is also so important to me. I also reflected on that this weekend. I am making a commitment to abandon my self imposed sabbatical and return to active, visible and tangible ministry. I think I can speak for a lot of us and say that we have all endured so much in this Amazing Race we call...LIFE. I have some massive announcements I will be making in the weeks to come. Although I have been seeking direction from God as to where I go next. I have received confirmation during this significant weekend with regards to my future. Again, I pause to let Him continue to be in the drivers seat of my journey on this earth. We returned on Monday and I loved the time spent with my kids and the ones I love. My parents returned safe and I promptly jumped back into the swing of things at work and in ministry. I truly appreciate my good friend Tony Lara who has been instrumental during these hard times..Love you bro! One thing I have learned these past 2 months is the importance of telling those you love how much you appreciate them and love them. (I intend to finally post something stemming from that statement soon.) Wednesday's youth service was great. those kids at Tab are amazing..so much talent. I pray that I may remain faithful to my family, my calling and my God. I wish to honor those who have finished before me and hope to one day be able to recite these words....I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.(2 Timothy 4:7)

No comments: